The Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University Hospital Bonn, offers a full time (38,5 Std./per week)
Postdoctoral position (m/f/d)
(TV-L EG 13, 100%)
Starting at the earliest possible date the position is initially limited for two years with an option of extension.
• Independent development of an existing project on the role of peripheral nerves and immune cells in pancreatic and colorectal cancer.
• Work on tumor organoid models of different species and patients, iPSC and primary cell cultures as well in vivo model on tumor biology.
• Supervision of Master and doctoral students
• Successfully finished PhD studies in the field of biology, biochemistry, medicine or other relevant fields of the Life Sciences
• Abgeschlossene Promotion und erste Erfahrung als Postdoc
• Experience in organoid cultures and cell cultures techniques as well as tumor biology.
• High level of working independently and structured
• Very good German and English language skills
• Motivated, flexible, team-oriented and interested in continued professional development.
• A salary according to the German salary scale TV-L. Additional supplementary benefits in the public sector (pension plan according to VBL).
• Workplace health promotion
• The possibility to purchase a “Großkundentickelt” (subsidized public transport)
• The possibility to use the University Hospital day care center.
• Access to state oft the art research techniques in a variety of core facilities
• A professional carrier development plan
• Embedding in the Immunosensation2 Cluster of excellence.
The University of Bonn is committed to diversity and equal opportunity. It is certified as a family-friendly university. It aims to increase the proportion of women in areas where women are under-represented and to promote their careers in particular. It therefore urges women with relevant qualifications to apply. Applications will be handled in accordance with the Landesgleichstellungsgesetz (State Equality Act). Applications from suitable individuals with a certified serious disability and those of equal status are particularly welcome. Please submit your application documents (cover letter, CV, publication list, two reference letters and relevant certificates) by email in one PDF-file referring to the application number 144_2020 to:
Sekretariat Prof. Sven Wehner
University Hospital Bonn
Department of Surgery