The Institute of Physiology I, Life & Brain Center, Medical Faculty, University of Bonn, Germany, invites applications for a position as a
PhD student (m/f/d)
The position (E13 65 %) starts as soon as possible and is initially limited to three years.
The main focus of this project is to study the role of the immune system in the regeneration of the neonatal mouse heart. A variety of methods will be employed including cardiac surgery, functional analysis using echocardiography, and molecular biology, cell biology, and biochemical analysis methods. In addition, also the effect of newly identified factors/genes that play a role in cardiac regeneration will be investigated in vitro and in vivo. This could also be of therapeutic relevance. The position also involves the teaching of medical students in physiology, therefore good german language skills are required.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, team-oriented and has a strong interest in cardiovascular biology and/or immunology. Experience with animal studies, cell culture, and/or molecular biology techniques is an advantage. Candidates should hold a diploma or a master's degree in the life science field. The application should include CV, letter of motivation, references and letters of recommendation.
- We offer a very up-to-date research topic with close supervision, the laboratory is located in a modern research building and is very well equipped
- Responsible and versatile: a workplace with great creative freedom in a helpful and cooperative team
- Secure for the future: salary according to TV-L EG 13 (incl. additional benefits)
- Flexible for families: flexible working time, the possibility of a place in the daycare center for those returning from parental leave
- Preclusions for later: pension scheme (VBL supplementary pension scheme in the public sector)
- Smart to work: Job ticket for the public transport VRS or possibility of an interest-free loan for the purchase of an e-bike
- Customized training: Subsidized education and training (internal seminar program and individual training/coaching)
- Start with a system: Structured induction (onboarding, mentoring and briefings)
- Healthy at work: Numerous health promotion offers (BGM)
- Employer benefits: Discounted offer for employees*.
The University of Bonn is committed to diversity and equal opportunity. It is certified as a family- friendly university. It aims to increase the proportion of women in areas where women are under-represented and to promote their careers in particular. It therefore urges women with relevant qualifications to apply. Applications will be handled in accordance with the State Equal Opportunity Act. Applications from suitable individuals with a certified serious disability and those of equal status are particularly welcome.
Application and contact:
You meet our requirements and are looking for a diverse and challenging job? Do not hesitate and send your application (preferably by e-mail in a file up to 5 MB in size) within three weeks after publication of the advertisement, quoting the job advertisement no. 322_2021 to:
Prof. Dr. B. Fleischmann
Institut f. Physiologie I Universitätsklinikum Bonn - Life&Brain Center
Venusberg-Campus 1 - 53127 Bonn